Counting and Tallying the Votes
Counting the ballots in the elections takes place immediately upon the conclusion of polling at the polling station. Each polling station chairperson is responsible for organising the count in his/her respective polling station.
Persons allowed to witness the count
Persons who may enter or remain for the count are:
- Polling officials;
- IEC officials with special duties relating to polling and counting;
- Persons introduced by ECC;
- Accredited agents of political parties, coalitions and independent candidates;
- Accredited electoral observers, national and international, language assistants of international observers;
- Accredited members of the media with valid press cards; and
- Special guests.